2012- 2013 Host Committee Information
The Host Committee is an integral part of the Joining Hearts organization and ultimately determines our success and ability to fulfill our mission. The Board of Directors relies on the Host Committee to contribute to the organization and assist with growth and awareness by sharing the Joining Hearts story.
The board encourages each host member to identify an area of interest and share their knowledge, talents and expertise in a given field where the host feels their strengths would be best utilized. These areas could include but are not limited to marketing, development, project management, event coordination and organization.
The Role of a Host:
- Attend monthly host meetings or socials and participate in Joining Hearts activities and events
- Complete the form below AND pay annual host dues of $50 using the online donation form
Be prepared to volunteer and participate on an event committee or assist a board member with various functions / tasks such as:
- Fund raising and corporate sponsorships
- Recruiting volunteers and other hosts
- General administrative tasks
- Marketing and event promotions
- Event planning, event set-up & décor design
Engage and involve yourself with various Joining Hearts events such as:
- Love on the Rocks Cocktail Party – February
- Change of Seasons Tea Dance – April
- Patron / Sponsor Party – Late June or early July
- Summer Main Event Pool Party – July
- Check Presentation Party – September
- Holiday Wish List Party – December
- Assist with promotional various events and bar nights
- Assist with soliciting donations, and recruiting new patrons and event sponsors
- Participate in community work days such as:
- AIDS Walk
- Jerusalem House work days
- Piedmont Park work days
Have questions? Feel free to ask any board member on how you can get more involved and make a difference in your community. We would love to have you as part of the Joining Hearts family. Help Create a Home!
The 2013 Host Committee has already been established. If you are interested in participating in the future we will begin accepting applications again at the beginning of our new fiscal year.